Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do I arrange for the White House to send a card to someone celebrating a milestone birthday?

I didn't realize I had limited space before. Someone I know is reaching their 90th birthday and I would like to know how to have them receive a birthday card from the White House.

How do I arrange for the White House to send a card to someone celebrating a milestone birthday?
The person receving the card must be at least 80, so this would be the perfect occasion.





According to the website below, you can submit the request via fax or mail to the Greetings Office of Presidential Correspondence.





Fax: 202-395-1232





Mail:


The White House


Attn: Greetings Office


Washington, DC 20502-0039





Include the name and address of the honoree (with their name exactly as they would like to be addressed, including Mr., Dr., etc.), and their birth date (including year). In order for the card to arrive on time, send the request 6 weeks before their birthday.





The site also has information on receiving cards for anniversarys (50 and higher), weddings, births, and other special occasions.
Reply:Contact the White House a certain period of time before the birthday (I think it's two weeks). Or call your local member of Congress. He (or she) will guide you through the procedure.


No comments:

Post a Comment